View single post by joecioppi
 Posted: Oct 19th, 2008 02:26 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
joecioppi

Slider,

In the sixties I was living next door to a high school student like myself , but he was so bright he rarely got less than an "A " grade in any subject. He and I were into electronics and he got the plans for using a TV to provide signals and power for a vidicon camera tube. Since he was a scholastic star in Catholic school, the priest arranged for a TV station in Philly to lend him the camera image tube worth thousands even in those days. The TV was a B&W tube set with 400 volt plate supply. Picture tube had 10 or 15K volts on it.

The set worked and displayed the live image from the camera tube. Sort of a video game with a camera tube supplying the luminance signal and the TV supplied power and sync. We didn't imagine a camcorder that fits in your palm, or a telephone with a built in computer, screen, and ccd cam.

My point is the receiver had all the signals except the luminance signal and when the camera tube was run from the TV set the image became sync-ed with the picture.
A video game with a screen generates all the elements of the picture signal except the stream of data that fills each frame on the screen. Feed in true random signal  instead of uP modified ROM data and you have a visual portal into the spirit world.

I'll bet the same white noise source can be used to supply three color guns and the audio by phase shift, freq bandpass filters, freq counters,  or something. The noise would not appear on the screen, however. First get the luminance signal, the rest will take time.

joecioppi