View single post by joecioppi
 Posted: Oct 17th, 2008 01:34 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
joecioppi

Lance,

All those faces and even bodies that you capture demands a breakthrough to see clearly and hear the voices of those spirits. I have been thinking about so many ideas that I haven't stayed with video loop. Our friends at livescifi.tv have done several televised sessions and even ran Frank's Box hacks during the video and tried to pick up associated voices....not working yet.

TV receivers need a signal that has the frame sync locked with the video program images. ITC images drift in and out because there is no correlation between the videocam frame sync and the random noise that I believe contains the image information. I am toying with the idea if using a video test generator that has been modified to input true random video information. Then each frame is sampled for image edge detection ( feedback for loop control)to keep the same image in repeated frames...like they do in production robot control.

The speech chip boxes from Bill Chappelle control the voice synthesis from EVP noise, but don't play that control noise through the speaker. A video version of that concept would produce video patterns from instructions derived from a true random noise source. A low resolution tv test pattern generator might produce crude outlines and features and an advanced video game could produce lifelike color images. The output from the spirit videobox would control the tv picture quality like a tv broadcast signal does.

A sound output could be synthesized from the same random generator signal as the video synthesizer and a sound track that is associated with the captured images would be available. I just wish I had the gear to get this working but even video games are expensive these days.

joecioppi