View single post by Slider2732
 Posted: Oct 13th, 2008 09:27 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Slider2732

Neat idea! I saw this mentioned in a thread on here I think. Makes for a good bit of experimentation and while we have a couple of spare printers, I think a picture of the output may well be posted :)
Have you trialed that method ? what were the results ?

A side note, but related, was something noted within the building of what is hoped to be my finest mouse case enclosed multi function unit yet. Para-meter Royal, as it's been designated, has the sweep radio, a bunch of other things but also a heavily modified AMD 8255 chip onboard for EMF/static electricity detection. The fact that the 8255 isn't doing what it was intended to seems to affect the SC1088 of the sweep radio. The sound is a little noisier, but also filled with the effects of EMF level change in the surrounding area. Such random inclusion to the sweep system was going to be negated (indeed, I have fitted an on/off switch inside the unit to power off the 8255 if needed and was thinking of constructing some type of mini Faraday cage around it). Might just be a decent idea to try out the whole thing on location somewhere, with and without the effects of the 8255.