View single post by Slider2732
 Posted: Oct 13th, 2008 04:25 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Slider2732

In agreement, the mix of random and sense from random..chaos to sense. Part of the SEA idea is to perform a sort upon incoming EMF fluctuations. I would say infra-red levels and perhaps such things as barometric pressure..but I think EMF to be the respected and generally accepted level changer for experimental purposes.
Starting with a sequentially stronger division of data method (in simple electronics accomplished by a 74LS163 counter chip or similar), the device would detect the strongest variation of incoming wave data 'on the fly' and output the result.
Other sorting would be of intensity of burst data, for the softer or harsher vocal reproduction delivery and calibrations based upon ambient EMF levels. 
I'm not sure if the randomness we see utilised for communications is because it contains the broadest mix of required information for contact from which to pick from, or whether the spirit talks normally and because of the mashed mix the voice is heard.
The principle though, would give another meaning to 'Open Source' hehe, any sampled input data being possible, not just of EMF changes.

I liked the FM carrier wave analogy, leading to thoughts on whether the spirit presence is the carrier wave, or the electronics in the device the demodulator of the encoding. Perhaps the spirit voice is indeed held within a carrier wave, not the resultant signal. Why most EVP are so poor could be because only a few percent of the voice is carried forward from the demodulating stage. The voice would be almost a contamination. Cassette recorders don't work with carrier waves though...or do they, at circuit level ?  I remember a chat with Jeff on these boards where there was a lot of information about hetradyne stages and pulling inaudible frequencies down to human hearing levels...just makes me wonder about those processes again of commonly accepted principles of operation. Such things as a radio (or other device) containing a crystal oscillator, CPU's with operating speeds, all the timing devices that are needed within electronics.

The other thing, to link with your thoughts Joe, is that of randomness within our daily lives. Being time based within everything that 'happens' in life we are naturally predisposed to consider time events. When there is randomness it links to the other side, if the lack of a time structure is true in death. It's quite the possibility that randomness is both within the devices to be possibly built in the future and of communications themselves. Once people start to say 'the device doesn't work all the time' you know you have a winner ! An odd thought.
It seems like a lot of the work has been done with the various speech chips. I apologise for not having much of a clue beyond my use of the TMS device in my Speak&Spell...but i'm currently editing the SpeakJet allophones Stefan posted a while back, to hopefully fit them onto an eprom. From there, using my eprom sample player, I hope to get a bit further within experiments :)