View single post by Slider2732
 Posted: Oct 12th, 2008 09:36 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Slider2732

Hey Stefan, that's wonderful news about how the dream aspect worked into the program. The volume envelope valley would seem a natural method for a spirit to form chop points in audio or use as cue points. As we don't know how a spirit shapes EVP, if it makes sense to us, it could very well make sense to them.
The natural flow of human speech, pauses in particular, would create much better definition. Imagine Vicki's contact with the correct pauses in place and you can see that any sceptic would have a hard time rubbishing it!
The evolvement of EVPmaker has been a joy to watch and, it's suitability to the allophones is impressively slick...like it was supposed to go along with it.

One thought of mine, for a while, has been to use a speech chip of some type and have a similar output as your EVPmaker delivers, now including the dream fueled aspects too. Housed in a small portable unit, the device could be used out in the field during investigations.
Have you thought about using the code within a portable device environment ?
I know the PC is way different to solid state electronics, but the code, the methods, the adapability of the thoughts behind the program just screams at me to have this run as a portable unit. Sure, a laptop could be used and that's one idea, perhaps it could be ported to a PDA as a stepping stone toward a pocket sized device ?

Does the output feature variable speed output ? I think that was a great idea of Keith's and links with the popular scanning radio methods. While it is commonly thought that spirit messages can sometimes make more sense sped up or slowed down by distinct multiples...it seems very possible that starting with a speed and having it speed 'sensed' by spirit interaction algorithms could be another project direction :)

Last edited on Oct 12th, 2008 09:40 AM by Slider2732