View single post by Slider2732
 Posted: Oct 11th, 2008 09:41 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Slider2732

However, and this is something I discovered by accident. Feeding a chip with the wrong info can give the right results.
I have a small game I built, using a very common 74161 and a few LED's. If I put unfiltered wall wart +3V to it, the 74161 becomes erratic, spinning the led outputs all over the place. Pushing a stop button hangs the output on whatever LED it was up to....forming a game where the idea is to land it on the green LED.
Have attached a pic of that micro game.
Likewise, i'm currently building up a multi-function paranormal device (Para-meter) containing the modified scanning radio and an AMD 8255 from 1981. These were the routing/in/out assistance chips for the Intel 8051 processor. I had about 30 of them from old arcade PCB's and set about seeing if any other use could be found for them. By datasheet study of in/outs and some admittedly random experiments, I found that these chips become amazingly responsive to static electricity and the paranormal version of EMF fields! In addition, a reliable single wire touch sensor is another use for them. They work right down to +3V single supply (both Intel and AMD versions), ideal for my 3.6V Ni-Cd projects.
Have attached top and bottom views of this current one too.

Attached Image (viewed 7353 times):

microgame1.jpg

Last edited on Oct 11th, 2008 09:42 AM by Slider2732