View single post by Slider2732
 Posted: Sep 24th, 2008 10:18 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Slider2732

I like pic 3. Really, very nice images.
I'd say the best possible pictures from my experience have come from B&W and especially with CCTV or webcams, but colour is something that indeed can give the clearest results when set up properly. Webcams suffer from pixelation troubles and are often derided amongst armchair critics, people who haven't actually tried such a thing of course. With colour, can get nothing and then turn the brightness down just a touch a there they are, possible images in abundance. Taking the I/R filter off a webcam produced some great stuff too and it doesn't take long to do. Just got to have a fine screwdriver and a dispensable webcam should it go wrong lol

In about 2003 I tried a few formative runs with a camcorder/TV feedback loop. I'll always remember stepping through the VCR recording with an open mouth. There seemed to be quite clearly a cemetary, trees and a progression of a walk toward one stone over about a dozen frames. There was a misty edge to the frames, like looking through a fisheye lens and everything had a tinge of green to it. That experience pretty much got me hooked on such experiments. Was the green the feedback, the predominant colour of the view or something else, such questions carried experiments forward.
I hope the same thing happens for you too...great captures so far :)

Last edited on Sep 24th, 2008 10:19 AM by Slider2732