View single post by Slider2732
 Posted: Sep 1st, 2008 07:38 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Slider2732

(sorry for the gap, with moving house and wotnot)

To me, there are various largely similar groups of people. Some believe in something because they've seen it, some hold a belief in anything someone 'respected' tells them of, some because it just feels right to them to think such a thing can be possible. Such containments would be regarding anything from religion to car repairs.
Having a truly open mind often means that data collection is sought, something to back it up with and offer more for changes of thought. Even with my own experiences, as detailed above, I don't have a belief in orbs. Weird energies maybe, but spirit based..well that's the whole belief in the afterlife thing again.

Your evidence, Midnight Angel, would seem to have corroborations with the voice and the image being more than a corner eye viewing. But yeah, who's to know the 2 things were related and indeed that would take a belief in the EVP being 100% solid. Can any EVP be 100% ? that's another debate.

One thing though...if we had to collect evidence for other interests like we do for spirit interactions, we would probably have a tougher time of those interests. Imagine someone seeing a nice wood carving youve done and then, before placing an order to build them something similar, demanding to see you actually build another, which tools were used, that there were no others present to assist the original building and that any signing of the work at the base tallied with signatures on other pieces !

Last edited on Sep 1st, 2008 07:39 PM by Slider2732