View single post by Midnight Angel
 Posted: Aug 7th, 2008 04:41 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Midnight Angel

I think the key here is that until we can come up with something that can accurately identify a true spirit manifestation in the form of an orb, it would be too hard to determine if what you are capturing on camera is in fact something paranormal or something natural (dust. pollen etc).

I for one do not consider any orbs that our group captures on video or in photos proof of Paranormal activity. There are just too many other possibilities for what they can be.

In the 25 + years that I have been researching in this field there was only one time where I can say that there was a possibility that what we captured could possibly be Paranormal. In that case, we were investigating a private residence and at the time I had audio running. Just as I was about to snap a photo in an area of the room that was known to the clients as being active, I saw what appeared to be an orb like object coming from out of the doorway and out towards me. As soon as i saw it in my view finder I made a comment to a team member who was standing near the door. As he pointed the EMF Meter towards the door he got a spike on it indicating that there were high EMF fields in the area at that particular time. Earlier base readings did not indicate any. When I made the comment about what I was seeing through the camera lense (I could not see it with my eyes when I lowered the camera - only in the view finder) a voice was captured on tape saying, "It's me."

Even with this evidence we could not discount the possibility that the orb I saw in the view finder was dust or carpet fibre from the team member standing in that area.

Having said that I have had the opportunity to see orbs with my own eyes and they do not look like anything that I have come across in photos. The orbs that I have observed in the past appeared to have their own light source. The also appeared solid, and some appeared to move intelligently while others seemed to move more randomly. I have seen them in a variety of colous such as yellow, white, blue and red. I have also seen them in various sizes that ranged from small pinpoint orbs all the way to larger one's that were about the size of a volleyball. Again, this does not prove that what I saw was a spirit as it is also possible that it could have been associated with an electrical/energy discharge of some sort. Without having other evidence to back it up, it really is hard to say what it might actually be. I feel this is the same for other evidence out there. I think if people wish to consider them to be something Paranormal then they should have the evidence to back it up.