View single post by Slider2732
 Posted: Jun 2nd, 2008 10:05 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Slider2732

Thanks for the comprehensive analysis Keith. I'm new to these products and found the information...informative :)

It seems to me, that we should look at how we ourselves would communicate with others when we pass. Being as the popular thought is that we are still somewhat chained to time on first leaving our earth bodies, something directly affected by presence is what would seem 'natural'. EMF fluctuations seem to be evident when a spirit is around, varying and increasing/decreasing with proximity.
Taking those widely believed factors into consideration, any unit ought to respond in a linear fashion.
It can be argued that there is no time on the other side and that linearity is lost with active hauntings, only being evident with residual hauntings. But, the period of transition, where time is deemphasised as a governing factor, has been noted with apparent contact with several entities...Dr Mueller in the Spiricom work for example could only assist for a length of time.

To have an energy level give an A to Z word expression would seem the most obvious. Nearer and the word goes higher, further away and a lower word is produced...much like any musical instrument scale. The system would work somewhat like a Ouija board I suspect, building from words to sentences.
If each word was taken as a sample reading at 5 seconds duration between them, a spirit could train up on placement of their energy and affect the device through proximity reliably. Perhaps a rapidly changing value during the sample wait time could act as an erase. That method would allow for coherant sentence structures and a method of delete.

The electronics of such a device could be fairly old school and therefore cost/build effective. Could be built from a standard Dr Gauss type EMF meter, CD4040 (or two) for the addressing, PIC microcontroller for sample interval/EPROM splitting/addresses, EPROM for the words and then out to a speaker through a digital to analog resistor array and amplifier chip. Just so happens that one of my recent projects has been an EPROM sample player from similar such components. Playback is variable from a few Hz to 44.1 kHz, though 8-bit. Such a thing lends itself readily to speech data and improvements. I haven't the size of EPROM's or knowledge on slicing for words yet, but feel a few people here could work on such a project too.
It's always great if a manufacturer listens to suggestions and alters equipment, but having our own R+D for this would be quite the exciting challenge.
Just as food for thought, here's the simple circuit I based my player on (swap the 4046 pulse chip for the EMF meter output that we hear as varying tone audio and there's an approximation of my idea)
http://web.telia.com/~u85920178/eprom/wave_00.htm
:smile:

Last edited on Jun 2nd, 2008 10:25 PM by Slider2732