View single post by Slider2732
 Posted: Apr 19th, 2008 08:19 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Slider2732

A time of personal growth on many fronts perhaps :)
I think half of the problem is with the TV shows. While there are some marvellous shows nowadays that cover a wider audience, the tendency is to rely on the scare tactics for the ratings. Well, it makes good TV, even though most of us don't care for the mood setting music or ladies running screaming from spiders !
Sorting through perceptions and sometimes then changing viewpoints through gained info, is what make areas like ITC so absorbing.

Personally, the areas of life that I pull myself up on and set as though they are bad, are often found to stem from upbringing, rather than be controlled by a religion. Being a genuine and giving person is a world away from making one wrong move in the eyes of someone fiercely religious and being condemned to fire for all eternity. People do get the wrong end of the stick, do think differently to each other and making ones own mind up about something is important. So maybe that's your current path ? sorting through ?
The 'hell' tag is often given to areas that others don't understand. I reckon part of the focus for this board is about the understanding of the afterlife on a one to one basis with those passed...in so doing, we gain a better appreciation for the other side and help ourselves to further our own thoughts.

Glad you like this place :)