View single post by Slider2732
 Posted: Apr 4th, 2008 09:03 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Slider2732

As a recent collaborator to this forum, i'm also delighted to see your new projects :biggrin:
In fact, I joined here after reading about your work and building my own version of the sweeping system. Were others interested ? yep, in fact a couple of days after completion of mine, Paranormal State aired a section on TV using one of your designs and then after I joined here I found that yer good self was a member of the messageboard !

This is an inspiring study you've undertaken, regardless of the apparent ease to which modern circuit design lends itself to shaping audio. I believe the root of much scepticism is based in the fact that nowadays many signal paths and audio wittleing techniques can be achieved with inexpensive components...that it has been done and the results speak for themselves (literally), means that valuable research is being conducted.

All power to you Frank, with a few volts left over for the circuits :wink:

As a 'by the way', i've not been to the messageboard in a few days and similarly been working on an audio related project. Decided I didn't know enough about shaping square/sawtooth etc waveforms and so embarked on a project to familiarise. The musical device was to be similar in operation to a much loved quirky box from Roland in the 1980's called the TB-303. It was THE sound of Acid House and they currently go for around $1750 :blink:
The relevance to your device is the overall eye shocking similarity (to myself), as well as wave shaping functions. Projects which should have no similarity, we don't know each other, except by way of shared ITC interests and yet both have developed uncannily close circuits. I mean, check out the breadboard methods and even sizing.