View single post by EVPfan
 Posted: Mar 16th, 2008 12:57 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
EVPfan

I think, most of the orbs appearing on photos are out-of-focus dust particles, illuminated by the camera flash. The difficulty is to distinguish the few possibly anomalous orbs from the many dust orbs. Are there any reliable criteria?

Perhaps one criterion for the "paranormality" is the "message" they transport. For instance, they could form a symbol or even a constellation of stars. The latter happend to me recently.

Look at the following photo which was taken on our annual EVP convention 2 1/2 yeas ago:

Above my head you can see 5 orbs. Here is an excerpt with adjusted histogram and red circles around each orb:

When I posted this photo in another forum, someone immediately recognized the constellation Cassiopeia.

In fact, the formation of orbs reminded of the Cassiopeia constellation. However, the constallation was mirrored and also rotated in comparison to the orbs. So I took a graphics program, mirrored the constellation, rotated it 128° to the left, and resized it until it matched with the orb photo:

If the constellation is now superposed with the orbs photo, the stars amazingly match almost exactly the positions of the orbs:

Only the uppermost orb steps somewhat out of line...

Now is this only pure coincidence, or is it an indication for a possibly paranormal nature of these orbs? Who knows... :)

Stefan