View single post by Slider2732
 Posted: Mar 16th, 2008 10:49 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Slider2732

Thank you Stefan :biggrin: and i'm delighted that a guy from Munich has contributed to this German word named device!

That sort of method you describe can be built right in :blink: :smile: :biggrin:
It's similar to a record player stylus, as I understand them.
Not sure if you can see by the pics, but the spring has a couple of bends in the lead ends (ever tried to bend a spring end ? lol, the thing err springs around). The area at the back that is currently glued to the circuit board has enough room to modify the spring for a small design like that.
I might alter it, to have the hair still tensioned in the way it currently is, but use the transducer. With there still being room inside for a second curcuit board, I can mount the op-amp and then leave space for a heterodyne stage.
I've realised I need to fit an audio-in jack at the bottom right of the case, an external mic then allowing conventional EVP listening. Take the mic out and it runs as per the design idea with no external noise affecting results. The audio-in jack would also allow white noise, Spiricom tones or other audio mixing.