View single post by EVPfan
 Posted: Mar 16th, 2008 09:27 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
EVPfan

I too think that the mental state of the experimenter can affect the contacts. Thus if the EVPer is not mentally tuned, it's more or less coincidence whether and to whom a contact takes place. So mental tuning might be useful. There exist countless techniques to achieve altered states of mind/consciousness; especially for ITC contacts, I think that hemisphere synchronization techniques might be useful. You don't need to buy expensive CDs or a Neurofeedback device to achieve a balanced brain state; a simple meditation technique, called the Tables of Chartres, can do this as well.

Nevertheless I also plan to build a cheap EEG device to measure brainwave activity during EVP sessions, and to use it for neurofeedback. (Actually, I have already started to build such a device (see photos), but had to interrupt it for the moment). Maybe there are certain brainwaves of the experimenter which are dominant during successful EVP reception, which - if known - can be achieved deliberately by neurofeedback practices.

Stefan