View single post by Vicki Talbott
 Posted: Mar 13th, 2008 08:54 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Vicki Talbott

Hi Toby,

I didn't use any background noise--quiet house, no one home, nothing on or running aside from the recorder.  The ICD B26 seems to have enough internal noise to suffice for EVP. (That would include the Sony ICD B16 and 17 as well.)  Normally I do not use background noise unless the recorder is extremely quiet, in which case I have used white noise, foreign language, or any other ambient noise that is not English.  Many reputable researchers doing EVP swear by external noise of some sort with quiet recorders, which most of them are nowadays. Google EVP Assistant if you haven't downloaded that one yet--free.

I have used EVPMaker, but I still go back to traditional methods as they work better for me and my contacts.  Even DC6 Live is very minimalist.  It's just almost live, a couple of seconds gap between my speaking and hearing it.  I don't use any filters with it, just some amplification and clean up with CVD on low if I need to.  But I haven't used it in a long while--been very busy with work and school.

By the way, you are welcome!  And I will tell Braden you thank him, although of course, he already knows.  Vicki:)