View single post by Vicki Talbott
 Posted: Mar 12th, 2008 11:06 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Vicki Talbott

Hi Toby,

Actually, I was doing it the traditional way.  I used a Sony ICD B26 recorder and just asked for a message for you.  I recorded for 30 seconds, then put the recording on my computer and listened to it in Adobe Audition (Audacity works just as well).  I don't edit much.  I think I denoised on low with Clear Voice Denoiser (free 30-second version at http://www.speechpro.com ) and amplified it a bit.  That's it.  I'm a minimalist at heart.  Whatever works in the simplest way! 

I have used DC6 and gotten live responses as well as experiemented with radio with some relevant and interesting results, and I have to get back to doing those things.  It's amazing to have a live session, that's for sure.  I've also tried the manual version of Frank's box, radio sweep with some white noise thrown in, with some very surprising results.

As far as the recorder, they used to be cheap and easy to find, but once an article about it came out in the AAEVP Newsletter, they started being snatched up.  It's been a while since that article came out, so you might be able to find one on eBay.  Or the Sony ICD B16, B17 work well too.  They just don't have voice activation.  I got mine for under $30.  Hope this helps and glad to see you are really getting into it!  Vicki:)

Last edited on Mar 13th, 2008 08:46 AM by Vicki Talbott