View single post by Ozone
 Posted: Mar 5th, 2008 05:38 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Ozone

Hi Estee,

I just listened to this one with fresh ears and NOW I'm hearing what you are in it! What a long EVP! :) Just wondering but did you use Wavepads "noise reduction" feature on this one to denoise it? Actually, I get the same kind of results when I ever denoise using a "noise reduction" feature on EVP that's in any one of the audio editor's out ther but sometimes it does help one to hear what's being said clearer when applying that filter though instead of getting rid of the static/noise... it's transforms that "noise" into a continuious wave of sing songy tonal variations in the background... hard to explain but this how this clip is sounding to me.
Thanks for listening and the verification.  I actually used the "Clear voice Denoiser" program to remove most the background noise then tweak it in an early version of "Cool Edit Pro 1.2".  I was using the Beta version of Audacity that I liked a lot but seemed to break it somehow :wink:.  It now just sits at the bottom of the screen unable to respond to any commands.

That clip was done with my heater on that produced an annoying tick-tick sound in the background that you may be hearing also.  I try not to record with that on.

The clips seem to be getting longer.  I had one that a man seemed to say, "how do you like the spirit?"  then another deeper voice answered saying, "OK, I just wanted to tell the people".  I just have to take more time getting it all together...  Thanks for the support as I begin my steps with learning a little more about it.

Lynn:)