View single post by Jeff
 Posted: Feb 12th, 2008 08:24 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Jeff

Notemanz wrote: Thanks much Jeff!  So if I understand correctly, a meter such as the Tri-field would not be considered appropriate due to no set standard of calibration?  If such meters can be used to trace evident EM fields in standard industrial type situations, why then (assuming some paranormal activity might indeed be EM radiation of some type) should these not be used?

Thanks Jeff.  I own a number of these units and have indeed recorded some anomolies.

Pls. listen to my recent posts on my Staticom thread I'd love everyone's ears as I'm trying to develop the system further.

Best,

John D
You're welcome John, and apologies for the delay in response!  Yes, you understand correctly! 

These hand-held devices are not without value.  But allow me to  explain:  Let's say you're walking through an area that is under suspicion of paranormal activity.  Your hand-held device suddenly responds to something.  But what is it? 

It very well may be responding to a car, with a ham operator calling "CQ", or "hello", as it passes by; or a local police car transmitting.  As a volunteer Amatuer Radio examiner, I can tell you, that that transmitter could be producing 1 - 1500 watts of RF power!  But unless you have an instrument that can differentiate normal RF energy from what may be paranormal, you cannot determine what is what.

This is why I recommend researchers put away non-known devices; and use known devices based on physical standards; just like the Metascience Foundation did 20+ years ago.  Their instruments were the best made at the time.  Except for the 13 tone generator, the rest of the instruments were Hewlett-Packard devices from NASA.

Now, if you're using a standard device, it would respond to normal RF energies.  That much you can depend.  If you have that standard device, along with one of those EMF non-standard devices; and one responds, and the other one doesn't; you now have a situation that you can be suspicious of!

We must compare the known from the variable:wink: 

This is where the research has solidity, and scientific proof! 

Hope this helps,

Jeff

Last edited on Feb 12th, 2008 09:09 PM by Jeff