View single post by Jeff
 Posted: Feb 10th, 2008 03:59 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Jeff

EVP_Babs wrote: The light conversation also brings to mind something I think about a great deal although I am not sure if it belongs within this thread. The majority of sightings are caught with the peripheal vision. The majority of my sighting are not only caught in my peripheal vision but also when the flash of a camera goes off. I assume this has to do with the refraction of light as well as the rods of the eye. I'm not completely sure where Im going with that thought but perhaps a good conversation can ensue.

Babs
Good thoughts there.  It's so true that from our peripheral vision we do catch movements; snap our heads around to look at the movement; and it's gone.  I seriously doubt anyone, who is not blind, has experienced that!  If blind, then there is another sense happening!

We know that our eyesight has a blind spot as a result of the optic nerve in the back of our eyes.  There are psychology results on record that prove we can sense far more brightness in our peripheral vision than our direct vision.  Particularly when our iris is dilated in dim light.  There is also the effect that when we hold our eyes to any particular point of focus for any extended length of time, the overall image will have parts of it disappear, and reappear while we watch.

Here's a sample.   Scroll down and download the pdf file.  Open the pdf file, and set the view for a full page so that the view is at maximum.  Stare at the red center block.  Do not move your vision from the center block.  You will begin to notice, while looking at the center block, the outer blue blocks will begin to disappear, and reappear.  This takes a bit of time to happen.  If you happen to look at the block that disappeared, it will reappear instantly!  That's because our eye electro-chemical reaction is one of the fastest reactions know to man at this time.

I only show this to prove that what we see, is not necessarily what is there.  Or better, what we do not see is there.

Regards to all!

Jeff

Attachment: Pattern.pdf (Downloaded 991 times)