View single post by Keith Clark
 Posted: Feb 8th, 2008 07:24 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Keith Clark

Hi Holly,

If a person were to attempt to learn basic electronics by building a kit, there's a place called Ramsey's electronics online. It may be a good place to start.

At the same time though, it's only natural to want technical knowledge and want to duplicate technical methods. What I have found is that people may end up gravitating toward an area which suits their interests more closely, and bonds well with their creative energy. Few people are electronics-savvy, and there are other routes that they can take as an alternative.

I have built several small kits just to try them out. When it's all said and done the largest effect the project had on my work with ITC was the concentration of energy I had when I focused on that kit and built it. That's not to say that a person may build a device and successfully use it. What I'd like to focus on is the person, not the equipment. It doesn't require technical knowledge to make contact, and it doesn't require money or expensive parts either.

These are the things I have found from my own personal experience. Fortunately, there are many other ways to experiment with ITC nowadays than just evp alone. Some of those are becoming more common - such as water photography. Either way, I wish you the best in your experiments, and look forward to your future work.

Thanks,

Keith