View single post by Notemanz
 Posted: Feb 6th, 2008 09:10 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Notemanz

Thanks for the comments Evp Babs.  The theremin for sure shouldn't "react" to RF, however, they're kind of wacky things and they can go off without warning.  LOL They're kind of useless but fun musical things. Simple synthesizers.

The "antenna" senses the movement of your hand.  You can vary the pitch by waving your hand in front/up/down etc....  Volume can be controlled via your left hand.

Yes, the little theremin in the ebay thread is fantastic and fun.  It does have a light sensing
cel but also reacts to the proximity of your hand in darkness. 

What I was considering was a way to incoporate this into my staticom system.  Haven't figured it out yet, but the little thing is cool and it's only $24.00. 

The theremin only makes simple single occilator (square wave I believe) sounds.  The idea of training an entity to communicate with it (again in my humble opinion) is kind of far fetched.

We could, in the same way I guess, have the entity communicate by going close to a good EMF detector too.  For instance: "For yes, pls. make the meter jump 2 times..."  I have had some success with this and I recommend trying it. 

If one wants to purchase a theremin, I'd recommend Ebay as there are some vintage ones that are a lot of fun.

Hope this helps and God bless,

John D