View single post by Jeff
 Posted: Feb 3rd, 2008 02:27 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Jeff

Greetings friends,  normally you would find me contributing to the Spiricom thread.  I'm still working on Mark VI, but I had another brainstorm, and thought this thread would be the most likely place for it.

As all of us know, there are many curious, and playful Spirits amongst us.  As I pondered that thought, the keyword "playful" came into mind.  I began to contemplate a different form of communication than just the spoken word.  How about allowing them to simply prove to you their metaphysical presence; and let them enjoy themselves while doing so?

Here it is:  Place a Theremin in the room, connected to a sound amplification system.  Place the Theremin in the center of the room, and all physical persons placed at least 10 feet away; in a circle, or in a row, it doesn't matter; from the instrument.

Have someone who has consistent contact with one, or more Spiritual entities, to ask them to approach the Theremin.  Since the Theremin is a radio frequency device that responds to proximity, it ought to respond by a change of frequency, loudness, or both.  Once the Spirits understand how to modulate the instrument, they could (really would) indicate their presence by, changing the tones; and even by answering yes or no questions .

One thing I'm afraid of, is when they start to modulate the tone, they will have so much fun, that communication may never happen! :lol:

For those of you who have never hear of the Theremin:  The Theremin is the very first totally electronic musical instrument ever devised.  It was built at the turn of the 20th century by one Leon Theremin.  The instrument is played by never touching it; but by being in close proximity to its two antennas.  The left hand of the player controls the loudness, while the right hand controls the pitch.  The close the left hand to the left antenna, the quieter the sound.  The closer the hand to the right antenna, the higher the pitch.

You all have heard the Theremin.  The Beach Boys used it in their song "Good Vibrations".  Yeah, that's that high pitched woo woo sound you hear.  The theme song of the original 1960's "Star Trek" utilitzed the Theremin, as well as many 1950's Sci-Fi movies.

Here is Leon Theremin's grand neice, Lydia Kavina, beautifully playing the lovely "Claire de Lune" at a live performance on her Theremin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn4TgYkqdi8

Here is a photograph of Moog's Theremin:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?cpd=0OEY&doc_id=99371&base_pid=709302&index=1

Many Blessings!

Jeff

Last edited on Feb 3rd, 2008 02:35 PM by Jeff