View single post by TT
 Posted: Feb 1st, 2008 06:48 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
TT

Jan 30th and 31st.

After receiving the file from Vicki, Braden and Kirsten I am more interested then ever to continue what I started.

Over the last two days I have purchased an omni-directional mic. I borrowed a 1993 Bearcat scanner that also has auto scan and can hit the 122mhz to 125mhz.  I also have two radios hear for noise as well.

I also purchased a 1N914 diode and soldered together the wires and mic jack.

I have Cool Edit Pro 2.1. Also an Olympus 74 hour digital recorder with PC hook-up and multi-speed playback.

Will give my current steps:
Reading, meditating and playing piano.
Asking for protection and also imagining myself surrounded in a golden glow.

I turn the radio's or scanner on for the backround white noise. It is low volume white noise in the backround. It barely moves the meter to pick it up however it is still audible. I have the omni-directional mic in front of me and I begin.

At this time I am working more on getting into a comfort zone with the protocal and to run my test wav files through Cool Edit.

I have been using this link for reference in editing the files.

http://worlditc.org/k_03_rodiehr_filtering_0_of_voices.htm

I believe I may need to tone down the 100% noise reduction as it distorts my voice as well as giving me a substantial amount of high pitch blips that were not there during the initial playback.

I am positioned fairly close to the mic and the scanner is approximately 2 feet away.

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions or tips or if I am on the right track with the setup. Thanks again. Toby