View single post by TT
 Posted: Jan 30th, 2008 08:21 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
TT

Jan 28th, 2008.

I explained to a friend in electronics what I planned to do and although he is a true sceptic he supports my idea 100% if only to give myself peace of mind.

He let me borrow his Canon video recorder and I set it up with the S-Video into our 42" flat screen but I believe that the distance suggested was too close due to the size of the tv. Read more about the EVP and decided this was the most successful way to make contact for "beginners".

Jan 29, 2008.

I researched on worlditc.org for the "beginner" setup. I went to Radio Shack and purchased the 1N914 dioade however it is a switching diode and I am not sure if it is the correct diode. Solder, soldering gun, wire, and a digital voice recorder with multispeed playback 74 hours of recording and hook up to the PC. I also downloaded Cooledit Pro 2.1.

My electronics friend also contacted his brother about his scanner which was made in '93. It is able to auto scan and has the frequencies from approximately 100 up to 900mhz. We set it up for the range of 108mhz to 136mhz. The high 120s and low 130s are giving me aircraft signals but it works well for the 122mhz to 125mhz range.

I have not yet put this device together as that is a project for Wednesday but I used the open mic on the digital recorder and the metronome on our electronic piano to produce backround sound as well as an air purifier.

My first few attempts were more of me figuring out the equipment and also how to "wash" the sound. It is a bit difficult on the current laptop I am using and I am looking forward to getting back our regular laptop and desktop systems as they have more power and ability, sound card, space for the recordings, etc.

I will post again later with results of todays recordings.