View single post by Jeff
 Posted: Dec 17th, 2007 06:45 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Jeff

Bruce wrote: To All, especially the electronics types among you,

After seeing the photos of the device DavidR used in his experiments 12 years ago I got to wondering. . .

Would it be possible to put together a simple, low cost, Spiricom device that could put such equipment into the hands of a larger group of experimenters?

With a much larger group of people actively experimenting, actively attempting voice communication via equipment based on a known to be successfully technology, there could be an accelerated pace of developent.  Can you say "hundredth monkey?"

If we get down to the  most basic requirements all we would need is:

1 .   A low power AM radio transmitter.  Ideally operating at 29 MHz, but maybe that is not an absolute requirement.  Maybe we just tune to a "quiet" spot on the standard AM band? (What broadcast frequency was used in David's experiments in which it sure sounds like he was receiving voice communication.) 

2.  A source of 13 tones to be used as modulating source for the transmitter.  Easy one, tone sets can be created and available for download as MP3 files, or come in a kit on a CD as music files any standard CD player can play output to the headphone jack.

3.  Transmitter and receiver antennas.  Simple.

4.  An AM receiver, either at 29 Mhz or a standard little transistor radio.

5.  A simple set of instructions, diagrams, video or something for how connect all the components and test that they are working properly.

6.  A simple set of instructions about how to operate the system to attempt comminication

With a simple system like this available, ideally as a kit, or at least as a list of inexpensive equipment to buy (maybe recommendations for off the shelf transmitter/receiver kits to buy for the serious experimenter) the number of experimenters could grow pretty fast.

Maybe some of us here on this forum with the knowledge and capability could offer our services to analyze recordings experimenters make that appear to have voice recorded. 

I would  be willing to use my website as a means of recruiting interested experimenters, write a little instruction manual for experimenters, and work at some of the analysis of some experimenter's recordings, filtering, cleanup or whatever.  Maybe there are some here who could teach me more about how to do that?

Anyway, just a thought that occurred to me that resulted in a "why not" conversation with myself that I thought I would share.

What do you folks think?

Hey, electronics types out there, what's possible for such a low cost system that already exists out there in the market place?

Bruce

It always has been the purpose of the Metascience Foundation to reduce the Spiricom device to something of a handheld unit that anyone could use.  Having said that, here are some thoughts and responses:

"If we get down to the  most basic requirements all we would need is:

1 .   A low power AM radio transmitter.  Ideally operating at 29 MHz, but maybe that is not an absolute requirement.  Maybe we just tune to a "quiet" spot on the standard AM band? (What broadcast frequency was used in David's experiments in which it sure sounds like he was receiving voice communication.) "

The Metascience Foundation found that they required more power than thought to establish, and hold communication.  In their conversations with their spiritual team, Metascience (Fab 3) found that the RF energy appears as a "swirling light" to the Spirits.  Even at considerable power, the light was so faint, and unstable, that the Spirits said trying to impinge with it was "like shooting a small projectile (bullet) at a tiny object far away on the water."  I must also mention that this test was at 1200 MHz, which has much more energy than 29 MHz.  For those who don't know, 1200 MHz is the frequency of your microwave oven.  The reason you don't get immediately burned to a cinder when you start the cooking timer, is because your microwave oven is a Farady cage.  That RF energy cannot escape, unless the cage is damaged.  You would be dead if the energy got out.  Hence Frank's (Fratka) concern about powering up Gunnplexers in his house.  If his calculations were incorrect, he would be dead before he could turn off the switch.  Smart man, Frank!

Getting back to the question at hand.  Low power may, or may not be sufficient.  Currently, Mark VI is slated for low power at 29 MHz, amplitude modulation (AM).  I know all are wondering, "if he knows that 1200 MHz at a medium power level, and with it's greater energy than 29 MHz, had questionable results, why in the world would he consider 29 MHz?"  Well, because that's the frequency that worked.  Speaking for myself, I must start at a point that worked.

There's the other thing, and please, friends, take no offence to this, but  if one operates in a broadcast band without a Faraday cage around their antennas, or entire system, they are easy fodder for the skeptic debunkers.  Without Faraday protection, anyone can say "You've just received a radio transmission, that's all!"  And they would be correct in doing so.  That's not to say actual contacts are not being made in those frequency bands.  I truly believe David's work was genuine;  I really do; especially knowing David has mediumistic tendencies.  Those like David only need Spiricom to record their experiences.

"2.  A source of 13 tones to be used as modulating source for the transmitter.  Easy one, tone sets can be created and available for download as MP3 files, or come in a kit on a CD as music files any standard CD player can play output to the headphone jack."

The 13 tones are fine, and worked with Mark IV, but why would we use them today?  We now have vocoders, and vocal generators.  Now there are generators used in inexpensive synthesizers (music type) that would easily span the human voice; and can be set into constant generation without interruption during use.  MP3's are fine, as long as the player can do an automatic repeat at the end of the file without interruption.   It would just be my luck to establish contact, and have a file end while the contact is speaking.  Same for the CD. 

"3.  Transmitter and receiver antennas.  Simple."

Simple for the receiving antenna; but not so for the transmitting antenna.  Impedances must be matched to the transmitter for efficient electromagnetism to happen.  Otherwise, reflected power from the mismatched antenna can, and probably would, burn out the final devices in the transmitter.  At 29 MHz, that antenna is 40 feet end to end if it is a 1/2 wave dipole.  At 1/4 wave, 20 feet held 20 feet above the earth.  OK, OK, my friends know I have gotten past this, but I still had to follow the laws of physics regarding the wavelength;  and I have pioneered the dark and deep forests of electromagnetic relationships.  Mark VI's transmiting antenna is based on a harmonic of 29 MHz.

"4.  An AM receiver, either at 29 Mhz or a standard little transistor radio."

Just explained.

"5.  A simple set of instructions, diagrams, video or something for how connect all the components and test that they are working properly."

Mark VI will not only include a user's manual, but a DVD with me demonstrating how to connect; power up;  and tune the system.  This was planned at the beginning.

In conclusion, your questions are good Bruce.  Maybe,  after some research, the frequency for solid and stabil contacts will end up at 3 GHz.  In which case, the system would end up the size of a cell phone.  I hope it does!  And I hope very little power will be required!  Milliwatts instead of Watts.  Safe energy for often use. 

But at this time, there are 20 years or so to catch up on...

Jeff

Last edited on Dec 17th, 2007 08:04 PM by Jeff