View single post by Keith Clark
 Posted: Dec 13th, 2007 08:03 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Keith Clark

Hello,

Here are the links for some software that I have found to be the most useful when experimenting with Spiricom attempts. They are extremely easy to use, practical, and they work.

Tone/Frequency analysis

Digipan - a program which scrolls "waterfall" and shows you what frequencies you are actually hearing. That's all I use it for - the original intent was to analyze the original Spiricom frequencies to see what they actually are.
It's free, works great, simple to use. Just close out the viewing areas you don't need. Here's the download link

Tone/Frequency creation

NCH Tone Generator - a program which you can use to generate up to 16 tones simultaneously - you can even change each tone individually while it is playing live. Yes, you can do the same thing with most audio programs - which takes a considerable amount of time. I like this one because control of everything is at the tip of your fingers - it becomes much easier to "feel" what may work for you, easier to hear which frequencies "beat" off each other, etc. It is not free, but I find it the best for the purpose of generating tones. Also, be aware that it will attempt to coerce you into downloading additional audio software.
Here's the download link

Keith