View single post by Bruce
 Posted: Dec 12th, 2007 07:10 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Bruce

David,

I have been working on development of a device with the same goals as Spiricom since the late 90s.  I had been at it for quite a while before I came across the Spiricom information and the Report.  Since then I have incorporated some of the Spiricom concepts into my prototypes with some meager successes.

I downloaded and listened to your two Spiricom mp3 files and viewed them using Goldwave software.  Then I discovered that  the full versions of these files were available so I downloaded those and have been playing with them using additive synthesis software to try to tease out the voice.  Voice appears to definitely be there, just not very intelligible yet.

Is there somewhere on this site or elsewhere that describes how your ran your experiment and created these files? 

Maybe I am way behind the curve of where folks on this forum are in their experiments and development, my interest is in sharing what I have discovered in the hopes that it may help.  So I will just jump in and ask questions you have probably answered before about ground long since covered.

I have spent quite a bit of time in the past analyzing the frequency content of the Spiricom "bed of audio frequencies" the 13 frequencies that the documentation claims were used. 

I began by isolating small clips of these sounds within some of the available recordings of O'Neil using the device in conversations.  The isolated clips I used were portions of the recording in which no one was speaking.  I then ran these short clips through FFT software to take a look at the frequency content.  To my surprise there is quite a bit of variety in the frequency content between different recordings.  Looks like they didn't always use the same frequencies.

I then began to work at using a mix of frequencies and waveforms to try recreate both the sound and frequency content of the isolated clips.  I found the best recreations to be made with a mix of sawtooth type waveforms.  They give a far richer harmonic frequency content than sine waves, and the resulting "bed of audio frequencies" sound very much like the clips.

Anyway, I am keen on getting involved by understanding the present state of the art various members are at in their experiments and seeing if anything I have done in the past could be of help.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Bruce

Thanks,

Bruce

Last edited on Dec 13th, 2007 05:08 AM by Bruce