View single post by DavidR
 Posted: Nov 21st, 2007 04:22 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
DavidR

Hi Jeff

Yes, I know what you mean about the harmonic sound of the spiricom sample.  The audio tone uesd for the experiment consisted of 13 tones combined to make the one frequency.  Tone frquency of male = 174.61 Hz and female = 261.63 Hz.  The generrated tones where then recorded onto cassette tape.  The Walkman tape player was then connected to the spiricom via a jac lead and the toned frequency transmitted to a radio/tape recorder as the reciever.  There was a terrific amount of what I termed bad white noise that camouflaged any voice that attempted to make contact.  In the original unfiltered spiricom version you can make out a voice but very difficult to ascertain what was being said, hence the need for filtering.  Sorry that I am unable to upload the unfiltered version, but in case you might be interested I can if you wish send a copy of the three versions of the spiricom experiment which are as follows, orgininal, filtered, and enhanced.  I found this the best way for Keith to listen to them, it took only a few days for the CD to arrive in the US.  Anyway Jeff I will leave that with you. 

Ps reason for putting the UK is, there is another member called David so as not to confuse which one is which.

Best wiahes

David UK