View single post by NS-EVP
 Posted: Oct 28th, 2007 08:07 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
NS-EVP

HI Estee,

I'm not really that talented with sound editing programs yet,

I mean I could alter something until it's unrecognizable, but that is not to say I was "molding" it into something I wanted, but more like messing it up beyond recognition...lol.

I use adobe audition, and I know my way around it pretty good, but I'm not an expert that's for sure.

I posted this very EVP on another messageboard called "Ghost village", and one of the members there modified it with some sort of software, and stated that he hears "Far Horizons" in this EVP, and not "Father's in there" such as I do. After listening to his modification, I do also hear "Far Horizons" in that modified file, but still hear "Father's in there" in the unaltered file. The ghostvillage member posted the modified file here:

http://media.putfile.com/you-tell-me-what-it-says3

As you can see, I called the file you-tell-me-what-it-says because I wanted to see what everyone else thought it said before I gave my interpretation.

I asked the member what he did to the file to make it sound like that, but he did not answer yet what he did, I'm curious because it sounds so much different. To me, this is a prime example of overprocessing an EVP file, too much has changed from the original to preserve it's original integrety. I really do appreciate the member's effort to help clarify the file, (I hope I don't sound unappreciative!) but to me now it's become something else. By the way, thanks for your compliment about my intelligence, I just try to take the time to think things through, and make sense when I"m posting things.

I'm not sure if I"m still actually a beginner, when do you lose your beginner status and become an intermediate?...LOL I've been experimenting quite a bit in the past few months, and reading alot. I've actually been into EVP for about a year now, but only seriously recording in the past few months. I'm finding there is alot of info about EVP out there, but alot of it is repetitive in nature from common sources, one of which is AAEVP.

I'm a technical kinda guy, I'm an electronics tech, and a computer network tech, I work for a major internet provider here in Canada, I like to mess around with designing and building gadgets, so recording and this kinda stuff is right up my alley.

I plan to have a full duplex spirit communication device perfected and on the market before Christmas...hehe.

Thanks again,

Chris ;)