View single post by NS-EVP
 Posted: Oct 28th, 2007 05:42 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
NS-EVP

Hi Estee and Keith,

Don't worry, I am open to criticism and don't take anything personally when someone gives a suggestion or tells me they don't hear the same thing I don't, it's like you said, there are alot of factors including the equipment used to play a capture back with that effect the way it is presented to the listener, let alone the fact that everyone's hearing is different, and everyone's brain interprets things differently.

I agree with what your saying about editing EVP's, there is a certain point (which seems to be at the descretion of the recorder) where you are changing the data in the capture to the point where it is no longer the same information you started out with, and really when you think about it, you can manipulate a sound recording to make it sound like anything you want eventually. I like to experiment with different filters to see what kind of sounds I can bring out or clarify by using the program, but I never lose sight of what the originall capture is saying.

I didn't realize there was a competitive factor in EVP recording, to me that is a bit of a strange concept. Personally, my only point of posting a capture is because I like to share my excitement in what I just recorded with other people who have similar interests. I can't imagine why someone would go through the trouble of faking an evp, one must really be hurting for attention to do something like that.

I guess wherever you go there are some people who have their ego problems, why would the internet be any different I guess. That's too bad though if that is the case, life is too short for squabbling and not getting along, I still like to beleive that there are good people out there in the world, I know at least that I'm one of them! hehe

I played this file on my wife's older laptop, and I couldn't hear anything either, but I can hear it plain as day on my dell PC with a high quality soundcard, playing it via adobe audition, and my headphones are creative lab deep base headphones with a frequency response of 6hz - 24khz.

I've recorded many EVP's, and I usually post them on another website I belong to, most time people hear what I hear, but there are times they hear something different than I do, and I'm fine with that. In fact I'm intrigued with the variations of what people hear in a capture! I'm here to learn and interact, not be arrogant and closed minded! Since I'm new here I want everyone here to know that I'm quite open to their comments or critisism, and I have no problem disclosing anything about what I've done to a file before posting it.

I don't really care if someone beleives me or not about what I recorded, I know what is real and what is not, and I don't need to prove anything to anyone, all I know is that EVP has really opened my mind to a whole new world of possibilities, and it's made a true beleiver out of me!

Thanks for your comments and for listening!

Chris ;)