View single post by Estee
 Posted: Oct 28th, 2007 02:56 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Estee

Hi Chris,

I'm not one to ask or comment on how one edited their EVP clip and for them to tell us what filters they used. I'm to find that it's usually those EVP recorders who consistently get Class A or B recordings who request that information all of the time from others where they are usually critical of any kind of editing/filtering of EVP because their EVP is already clear enough for others to hear without any kind of editing at all!  I get the impression that they don't think it's fair that a person who does not get as good of EVP as they do should be allowed to edit their EVP to make them clearer for others to hear; the fact that they themselves do not have to edit their EVP -- no one else should either -- but this isn't right, of course.

For people like this, it's more of a competitive thing where this issue of filtering EVP or not turns into 'who's the more talented EVP recorder here?'

In short, there's nothing wrong with filtering ones clip so that you and others can hear what's being said in it more clearly so I'm glad you edited your clip but IMHO, it was not necessary for you to post the raw version of that clip here... lol, we trust you! :)

And by asking the EVP recorder to post their raw recording and to say what filters they used on their 'edited' recordings puts that person in an uncomfortable position because it implies that whomever is asking for that information does not TRUST the EVP recorder and thinks that they faked their EVP when usually 99 times out of 100, that's not the case at all. In fact, the vast majority of people who post their EVP in these forums are honest where all they want to do is share their EVP with others and have others comment on if they are hearing the same thing in it as they are. Like what you are doing here Chris by posting your EVP.

There's also the arugument that over editing can change what the raw EVP was saying but many long time EVP recorders know that some EVP are multi-layered (in terms of pitch) where if one changes the pitch a little, or slows it down a little or even speeds it up a little -- on an otherwise fuzzy crackling i.e. cookie monster voice EVP only to find a crystal clear voice saying something in a very coherent phrase, then there's no reason to not accept that this is what that anomolous voice is saying. In fact, reversing EVP has also resulted in some very coherent EVP and some people seem to get EVP like this more than others. In fact, everybody seems to get their own kinds of voices coming in where they eventually know what to do with them to make them clearer. At any rate, those who do not believe in editing each have their own version of what 'over-editing' is. Personally, when I'm listening to my EVP, all I'm interested in is the message and for this reason I will sometimes play around with some of those BASIC filters to see if there's anything interesting to those evp after I apply those filters to them. But I do not Denoise... this takes out too much information and in fact does change the EVP by doing that in such a way that to me, it's no longer saying what it was meant to be interpreted as saying.

Unlike Keith, (sounds like he does not like to post his interpretation publicly)-- but, I do like interpreting EVP because I'm always interested in finding out what spirits are saying. I personally can't think of anything more fascinating but the only way to find out is to try to understand and interpret the EVP as much as possible. This said though, I can understand where Keith is coming from on this because even with Class A recordings, there's never a 100 percent consensus on what that EVP is saying. Much of it also has to do with whatever sound card one has installed in their computer and even which media player or sound editor they are using to listen to the EVP clip...

This said, I'm sorry but I can't pick out much of what's being said in your recording. I'm sure others here might be able to do that but even when I loaded it into an editor, the only thing I think I might be hearing is 'good god' but I don't think that I would be catching that (even that part was fuzzy though.. sorry) if you had not mentioned what you are hearing this voice saying.  

But the good thing is these do seem like anomalous voices so that's a good start and I'm sure as you continue to record, you will most definitely get more clearer EVP as time goes by.

By the way, I was the first one to download your recording and Keith was the second person to do that. I did not comment at first because I was curious to find out if anybody else could hear what you do in it -- and I hope that still happens! Anyway, thanks for sharing and please post more of your EVP here if you have any.. I would love to listen to them!

All of the above are just my opinions and nothing more.

Last edited on Oct 28th, 2007 04:56 PM by