View single post by JT
 Posted: Jan 29th, 2007 02:42 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
JT

Thanks Rob and Vickie,
Yes I am kind of excited about this photo...it does appear to be the real thing.  Coco is probably the only person (yes..person :) close to me that has died.  We had her put down after she got leukemia, instead of making her suffer through treatments.  I was with her when she passed away.

This is my first time doing video feedback experimentation.  The setup is pretty simple, I have my small TV set up as a second monitor to my laptop.  My usb webcam is pointed at the TV.  Then the output of the webcam is positioned on the TV creating a feedback loop.  The feedback as some of you probably know results in blobs of colours moving around on the screen.  However this image just seemed to appear for one frame in a dark area without blobs.  So I'm not sure if the feedback had anything to do with the image appearing.

I also got another face appearing the same way - not as good quality as this one.  Also, I had strange series of 5 dots appear one after the other in an orderly fashion which seems curious.  I will post that when I get a sec.

Rob are you saying your black lab showed up in a photograph?   Would love to see it...

Here is a version with contrast and brightness turned up - it comes through a bit more.

Best,
JT

Attached Image (viewed 195 times):

coco_contrast2.jpg