View single post by Keith Clark
 Posted: Aug 29th, 2007 09:09 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Keith Clark

Hello,

Last weekend I decided to dig deeper into the "new signal" I have been receiving for a month or so. My original thought was that the signal was created by spirit for the sole intent of pictures. As I continued working I discovered the following:

The signal heard in some of the spectrogram samples sounds like a tone, and it is. Spectrum analysis showed that the signal appears at 120Hz, 240Hz, 360Hz, etc. This may be the base frequency of 120 and its harmonic frequencies. 60Hz is related to electricity and power, and 120Hz is a harmonic of 60Hz. Now, I can't explain it in detail, but I have long suspected that spirit just might be using the energy emanating from and surrounding the power poles and electrical circuit where the radio is plugged in. All evidence so far leads in this direction.

When I saw the above I was reminded of Spiricom and the associated tones used for voice. So I broke out my signal generator and began working in this area again. Only problem is the equipment that I use to maintain daily contact with spirit is affected electrically by the Spiricom setup - so I can't run both in the same location. Will keep working on this.

Now, discovering that the signal is related to electricity will raise a few eyebrows - but no worries, I am only concerned with the outcome. Essentially, the voice contacts that spirit has tried with this electrically influenced signal mimics the basic principles of Spiricom - with the only obvious difference being the frequencies used.

Here are some samples.

Keith

Attachment: Aug29 spec voice1-sec1_CLR.mp3 (Downloaded 1847 times)