View single post by ArizonaEvp
 Posted: Jan 12th, 2016 09:59 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
ArizonaEvp

Jan wrote: More interesting technical discussions here.

It's a long time since I read "The Ghost of 29 MHz", and can't remember the significance of that frequency. Was it even described in the text?

Before anyone embarks on reproducing (or improving) the Spiricom device, did it really work? Anecdotal reports of it working are a good start, but do we have any proof?

Without at least a block diagram of the proposed project, I'm not sure where the 'spirits' get in. Do they modulate the tones already used to modulate the AM transmitter? Were 13 tones selected originally because that is what was technically feasible at the time?

But now, why stop at 13, or 26? How about an infinite number, i.e. white noise? It's been used in many EVP experiments, but I can't say I've heard any convincing spirit voices from it - be they spirit or not.

Regarding matching the transmitter to the antenna, this is important in conventional radio communications. But this isn't what we're attempting here is it? A matched 50 ohm dummy load is all that's required, and if both transmitting antenna (i.e. dummy load) and receiver are in a screened box (a microwave oven, or biscuit tin) then the Faraday cage requirement is achieved. How to stop the receiver from overloading is another matter - but maybe that would help?

Perhaps I've got the wrong end of the stick here.

Jan

Hi Jan,

George Meek was unable to get anyone else to replicate the results obtained by Bill O'Neil.  This prompted Meek to abandon the spiricom project and move on with other things.

Links to the spiricom manual as well as it's block diagram can be found on this site by using the search feature.  :wink:

As far as a lack of a block diagram for any proposed effort someone intends to pursue...I don't see it as an issue.

If a person lacks adequate knowledge of electronics - radio - digital etc...but has a desire to make the attempt,  no harm no foul.  After all...the end result of replication is what counts.

Sometimes...inspiration comes without a block diagram.   :)

Regards,
Ron