View single post by jtjones
 Posted: Dec 13th, 2014 01:10 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
jtjones

The problem with the power line idea, is I am running this through a UPS so any fluctuations in power or any noise on the power line is smoothed by it. The mains power is always dirty in residential areas, so anything electrically sensitive (computers, HD TV's, bluray players, etc.) I have going through UPS units.

Besides, even if I did have this unit plugged directly into the wall outlet any high frequency noise would be removed by the ceramic caps, the low frequency noise would be buffered by the large caps, and any kind of hum or harmonics would be removed by the way I have the power supply ground setup. I scoped my power supply before I ever connected it to anything so that I know what the output waveform looks like, and it's a typical DC wave (none, just a straight line ;) ).

Good thought Jan, but it's just not it, that's why this is driving my up a wall.

My other thought is that it is actually a transmission from somewhere else (dimension, plane, reality, etc.) and we have no way to receive it. Like picking up a fax without a modem, it just sounds like garbage on the phone line. But then if this is it, that means we need to figure out how to demodulate it (any I'm not smart enough for that).

Jeremy