View single post by jtjones
 Posted: Dec 10th, 2014 09:15 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
jtjones

Here is the schematic of the new circuit. Basically I am using 2 TLE2072 opamps since they are EXTREMELY low noise and made for small signal operations. The first stage is increasing the gain of the signal and smoothing a little, the second stage is sending the signal through a 3 band (High, Mid, Low) amplifier and out through a 60Hz filter (since I'm in the US and our electrical system cycles at 60Hz). The third filter is a "rumble" filter, basically removing anything below 15Hz and the fourth is a high pitched filter to remove anything above 23KHz.

Based on the testing that I have done using a variety of audio sources this arrangement should remove any signals that are below and above our range of hearing and give the ability to boost a particular area (High, Mid, Low) of a signal to increase the gain.

Oh, and I have two 1"x1" neodymium magnets held together by zipties with a germanium diode in the center. The magnets are as close as possible without touching the diode, seeing as how they are N48 magnets this was no easy feat, someone somewhere damn well better talk to me, I have a hole in my wall where one of the magnets slipped the ziptie and shot into the wall!

Good luck,
Jeremy

Attached Image (viewed 436 times):

3BandEqHiLoPassSchematic.png