View single post by psb7user2
 Posted: Jul 19th, 2014 05:38 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
psb7user2

The left special filter was really neat! I'm not sure how you did it, but it sure as heck did draw out some stuff that I could not hear before. Interesting thing about this EVP session is that I also used a full-spectrum camcorder to record the voice recorder, in order to show that I was not manipulating it, or moving it around and accidentally creating sounds that would sound like EVP.  This recording, however, comes from my digital voice recorder. The camcorder itself did not catch anything on it, but right before that brief flurry of what appear to be EVP sounds, I did move my camcorder in a different direction because I started to get that "someone is walking up behind me" feeling. Also, the whole time I was there (and I know this is not uncommon), I kept looking over my shoulder because I felt like was another family some plots over, doing the same thing I was doing (cleaning debris, "prettying" up the headstones, etc, etc). However, the entire time I was there, which in reality was only about 45 minutes, I was the only car to enter the cemetery. I really do not like this cemetery, because I can remember my grandma taking me out as a child to show me where my grandpa was buried. However, every time I go, I take a KII, a voice recorder, my phone, and a handheld full-spectrum camera, just in case someone is trying to get my attention.

The cemetery is actually a really well-maintained, beautiful to look at, but it just has this really weird vibe to it. Not the "I shouldn't be here, this is disrespectful" type vibe, but one that makes you feel as though you are not alone. I know it doesn't make sense to try to contact spirits at cemeteries, as that would be the last place most spirits would choose to hang out. However, maybe spirits know that we (the living) visit their headstones, and burial plots, to show respect or to visit them, and perhaps they actually visit us at their burial plots when they know we are going to be there.

Anyhow, that is always my explanation as to why I would expect to get EVP whenever someone brings up the whole "would you choose to stay in the graveyard once you pass on, or would you return to places where you had more pleasant memories" argument.