View single post by Grimus
 Posted: Apr 20th, 2014 01:23 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Grimus

[edited: After thinking about this recording, I realize that I was watching some stand up comedy prior to recording. To me, this recording sounds almost like a mockery of what was on TV earlier. As if someone put a mic in your face expecting you to jabber away for a mic check, you had nothing to say, so you just did some improvised standup in a mocking stylings of what you just watched. Sounds more fun to me than constantly saying "Mic check, 1,2,1,2.. test test test". on a recording that you are not even sure will be heard.]

New recording, 4-20-2014:

--setup notes--
This setup is using an empty glass bottle filled with water.

Inside the bottle is about 6 or 7 inches of exposed wire supplied from the braiding of a 1/4 insulated cable.

The other end of the exposed wire is connected to the diode, diode connected to a 1/8 stereo cable to the mic input.
---

file notes:

Clip1: original signal but boosted
Clip2: noise reduction and then boosted
clip3: (repeated 3 times) EQ and boosted.

-----------

Analysis:

To me, it sounds like some obscenities. Maybe not so much obscene towards a person but obscenities being used to describe the frustration of situation.

Unlike some recordings I review that I can hear what sounds like words with multiple syllables, this one sounds like it consists of a series of single syllable words.

Attachment: 4_20_2014.mp3 (Downloaded 893 times)

Last edited on Apr 20th, 2014 04:18 AM by Grimus