View single post by ckmscott
 Posted: Mar 25th, 2014 03:33 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
ckmscott

I have been using an interesting source file for EVPMaker.   I recorded talk radio tracks from Finnish, Romanian, and Russian radio stations.  Then I overlayed each of the three tracks onto a single track.   All in all there about 10 people talking at once.  It makes an incoherent babble track that does not contain English words, but does contain the elemental parts of speech that the spirits can use to form a message. 

In EVPMaker, I have am using segments from 80ms - 200ms, with Z-Cross check on.  Everything else is set to default, and I play the track continuously.  I play the EVPMaker output on my computer speakers and record it with my DS-40 recorder.

The result is similar to Radio Sweep in that a voice will ride above the noise to create a message.  The difficulty with this method is that there can be two voices saying something different, but intelligible, at nearly the same place on the recording.  Also, you can have a male and female voice saying the same message slightly out of sync with each other.    You definitely have to find the intelligible voice (which changes from message to message) and follow it through the noise.

I attached an example where you here me asking:

Can you somebody help me test?

The response is in a high pitched female voice:  What's testing, who does that?

Best,

Chris

Attachment: 20120305-finROmRussBable-EVPM-CnSombodyHelpMeTest-WhatsTesting.mp3 (Downloaded 947 times)