View single post by Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz
 Posted: Nov 19th, 2013 11:20 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

The unit is a micro controller to slave a Technics TU-Z990.
Basically there are 8 preset buttons on the front, the idea is to set the presets incrementally throughout the band.
The unit consists of five clocks.
Clock one controls the speed of an 8 bit sequencer.
Clock two controls the speed an 8 bit binary counter.
Clock three controls the speed for a toggle mode JK flip flop that will toggle between scan mode and random preset mode.
Clock four controls another toggle mode JK flip flop for scan up or scan down.
Clock five controls the speed of the scan mode.

All of the pertinent switches on the technics are connected to digital switches on the controller.

So what you get is random jump to one of the preset increments in the band, then flip to scan (up or down,depending on jk flip flop 2)
Back and forth back and forth......and so on......

The idea is that it gives you multiple places in the band to start your sweep.
The sweep could go up ....or down ......and jump back to a higher increment or lower increment on the presets and again sweep up or down.

The five clocks are all controllable via potentiometers....this should insure proper randomness.....which i believe may be more productive than a point to point linear sweep.

If it is not random enough, i will throw in some LDR photo sensors into the clock control resistance .......then the light coming from the optical output (LEDs) will push or pull the clock depending on the overall brightness of the counters doing their thing.

The icing on the cake, is the technics has a quartz lock mechanism, whatever that is?

But it gives you three levels of signal that it is detecting......low med high....
The digital output for the level indicators will trigger an IC digital audio recorder........

With no antenna on this dude its very quiet.......but when it does detect a signal, the recorder will automatically fire up for a short period, stop, and wait for the next signal.

We'll see...........i think perhaps it needs an antenna maybe one or two loops of some super fine hair thin wire......not too much to bring in the channels, but just enough for the spirit to have something to vibrate.