View single post by PSB7USER
 Posted: Sep 27th, 2013 10:53 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
PSB7USER

Hey, sorry to wait so long to respond.

I do not take that as criticism at all. To be honest, I share the same view as you when it comes to ghost boxes. ArizonaEVP helped me get over my "fear" of the box, and once I was able to do that, I realized very quickly that a lot of these spirits seemed to sound like Jim Rome. Coincidence? Nope.

I think there are great ideas for ITC, but it seems like when evidence is collected via ITC, the argument regarding whether it was spirit, or feint broadcast snippets picked up in stray channels (hell, I don't know if that even exists... sounds good though) always rears its ugly head. I have wondered the following for awhile now...

When "Ghost Hunters" (a term I despise, and do not consider researchers to fall into this category) go to a location, they want it quiet. So quiet, they cut the power at the circuit breaker so there is no electricity. Then, what do they do? Turn around and play a radio, all in hopes of communicating more clearly with spirits- the same spirits they thought they would communicate more clearly with if they cut the power!

It was a novel idea, at best, and while a member here did have some results with a few initials trials we had, it's just not worth it in the long run. I'm finding I am capturing far more true EVPs using my Sony Handycam or Zoom H2 than I ever have with a ghost box.