View single post by Jan
 Posted: Sep 17th, 2013 04:12 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Jan

Hi Rachel and thanks for the detailed reply.

Q4)If you are able to get frequent, reliable EVPs, I think it would be an important experiment if you could have at least one recorder with the microphone disconnected, or a dummy one of equivalent electrical characteristics (so the recorder's electronics 'thinks' a microphone is connected). The test may give clues to how the voices are 'getting in'.

Q4 Ans. Umm. Scratches head. Are you thinking to rule out an electrical anomaly or PK or to confirm the sound as a wave? It's a very good idea and I'm more than happy to give it a go on our next sitting and report back.

It would rule out that the actual voices are produced as sound waves. But that's more or less already ruled out as you don't hear them at the time they are recorded. If you had a stereo recorder (digital or analogue) you could use one normal mic and one dummy mic. (The spec. of the VN-2100 looks like it's just a mono voice recorder.)

In fact a stereo recording set up properly with two normal mics (or better still a binaural recording - you might have to Google that) may give some spacial data as to where in the room the voice is coming from - if it is a voice. On the other hand if there is no spacial data (exactly the same 'voice' on both channels) it may suggest the voice signal is getting directly into the electronics some how.

(I can't believe this hasn't been done years ago. There have been enough EVP researchers over the decades. I've had no success of any type in my EVP research otherwise I'd have done it! Perhaps I'm just not open-minded/spiritual enough...)

You could try different levels of white noise playing from a speaker in the room to act as the noise being 'modulated' by the entities. It's more 'even' and predictable than water-made noises. There are some websites that will generate it and you could play it though your computer speakers. Others may disagree, but I think this method may be leave sceptics to say it's just pareidolia, and I believe they may have a point.

It seems you get frequent EVPs during your sessions (every session?), so that's why I make the suggestions.

I was interested to read that your higher bit-rate recordings give poorer results. Again another clue I suspect.

So, back to Percy... was it Percy Thorne?

Jan

PS: Apologies for the blank posts. Trying to fathom how the quoting works here and can't see how to completely delete a post.

Last edited on Sep 17th, 2013 04:18 PM by Jan