View single post by Jan
 Posted: Sep 17th, 2013 08:34 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Jan

Hi Rachel, I've just watched/listened to your video. Fascinating, particularly the voices captured on two devices simultaneously. You seem to have some very promising developments.

Thank you for not prompting listeners with your voiced interpretation first. I think this is very important.

I have some questions and observations:

1) Is it possible to increase the sampling rate of the digital recorders? This would reduce/eliminate the metallic-sounding voices of the 'real' people and the EVPs, although will reduce the length of recording time.

2) Do you have access to a reasonably good quality analogue tape recorder and microphone that you could use simultaneously with the other two?

3) Do the voices only ever speak in the gaps of your conversations?

4) If you are able to get frequent, reliable EVPs, I think it would be an important experiment if you could have at least one recorder with the microphone disconnected, or a dummy one of equivalent electrical characteristics (so the recorder's electronics 'thinks' a microphone is connected). The test may give clues to how the voices are 'getting in'.

As in most of these recordings, the peculiar fragments of the voices are frustrating. I mean, if they can do that, why not something a bit longer - I think there's a clue there if we did but know it!

BTW, did you ever confirm the existence of Percy in your house?

Regards,

Jan

Last edited on Sep 17th, 2013 08:36 AM by Jan