View single post by reguiley
 Posted: Jun 14th, 2007 11:15 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
reguiley

Mark Macy has posted two articles I wrote about Frank's Box, concerning the controversy the box has caused in the paranormal investigation community.  The articles are published this month in TAPS Paramagazine.  The pdf can be viewed at http://spiritfaces.com/x200706ParamagArticl.pdf  For those not in ghost work, TAPS is The Paranormal Atlantic Society, members of whom star in The SciFiChannel's  popular Ghost Hunters reality show.

Briefly, at a Ghost Hunters haunted week at The Stanley Hotel in Colorado in March, the 200+ attendees were given demonstrations of the box by Chris Moon.  There were two open mike nights in which lots were drawn for people to come up and ask questions via the box.  Chris interpreted answers, and was assisted by medium Chip Coffey.  Many of the attendees had never heard of the box, and most of them had never seen it in operation, and it caused quite a stir.   Chris also took the box into one of the hotel's more active haunted rooms, as part of the featured ghost investigations.

There were two other boxes present on site for part of the time, owned by Randy Schneider and Bill Murphy.  Fortunately, these boxes were not pressed into service for paranormal tap dancing.  I was especially happy to be able to participate in small group private sessions with both Randy and Bill (and one of which included Mark), which I found far more illuminating.

One article concerns the controversy over the box (for example, should it be used in haunted places to provoke ghosts; can it dial up the dead on demand), and the other is a Q&A interview I did with Frank. 

Personally, I agree with Frank's vision for the box as an ITC tool. 

Rosemary Ellen Guiley

Last edited on Jun 15th, 2007 12:29 PM by reguiley