View single post by Rachel EVP Voices
 Posted: May 27th, 2013 12:27 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Rachel EVP Voices

Thank you!

I find it very interesting that you hear a Scandinavian accent, and would welcome your interpretation of the relevant clips. I have a small number of voice clips that have a regional accent that I suspected to be from that region but not speaking a local language, could not begin to understand the correct inflection.

Personally and from my own experience the most important factor in a successful recording is my own state of mind. This for some may suggest a "super psi" affect. The more positive and relaxed I am, the stronger the voices. Whilst regular recording times most definitely help establish contact, I am able to capture voices before, during and at breakdown of a sitting. The activity in the seance room also has a direct correlation with the amount of voices captured, the more physical phenomena that is reported, the more voices on the recording. I occasionally do test recordings for periods of up to 20 minutes,which include times I go out of the room; these often contain voices but are not as likely to be as clear as when I am in the room.

I was planning to share some of the duplicated clips on the website, after the SPR conference(6th-9th September), as I am using them in my presentation. My apologies for the long delay. I would encourage other experimenters to try duplicating recordings on identical devices, it's very unlikely that I'm the only person able to capture this phenomena.

I knew that videoing would be requested by critics, which is why I tried it three times. It failed each time (as discussed on the report). There are many ways I could introduce fraudulent voices at each step should I want to. The only way I could prove my legitimacy was to demonstrate a recording from beginning to end. I invited guests with technical knowledge to be present at a sitting, where they would be shown the equipment and allowed to observe all stages of the process. From the beginning of a sitting to the end and on recording playback, they could see exactly what I did. All who took part heard voices on the recording that could not be accounted for at the time of the sitting. They could not provide an explanation of the voices but acknowledged their presence as anomalous phenomena.

I would willingly work with someone able to perform vocal analysis but finding them has proved difficult so far. Some time ago I provided a short recording to a researcher, his response was very limited; there are voices on the recording that are similar and undifferentiated to members of the group.

Please do let me know if you have any ideas, I'm always open to advice and suggestions.

Best wishes,

Rachel

Last edited on May 27th, 2013 12:40 PM by