View single post by Rachel EVP Voices
 Posted: Mar 28th, 2013 02:52 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Rachel EVP Voices

Hello Scott

Try looking at the way you work from another perspective, hypothetically, if you're not a believer in the afterlife; imagine that you are the sender of the EVP and you want to make the listener aware that you're able to communicate, what do you do?

Bearing in mind the nature of EVPs, it's not going to be a long message. Most likely one word, at most a sentence. When you were this side of life, you'd speak if you wanted to be heard. Depending on when you were born, if you aren't within earshot of the person you want to talk to, you'd pick up the phone and leave a message if the receiver isn't able to reply. You already have a pair of very good answer machines, you do not need anything else!

One thing I would suggest. If you have two machines record in tandem. A few years ago I did a study using identical digital dictaphones. There was an argument put forward that the EVP was an anomaly in the hardware of a singular device and could not be captured by more than one machine. I captured them on multiple identical devices. By the amplitude of the wave on playback you might be able to gauge an approximate direction and path of movement - presuming you capture more than one voice.

Not having shielded microphones will enable you to work without a generated carrier wave. From my own experience you don't need overly sensitive or directional microphones. Equipment comes second to motive. Without doubt the most important thing to think about when you experiment is why you are doing it? What do you want to know? And who do you want to hear from?

If you want technical advice, ask the other side. If you are serious about working with them, they will help but you'll have to let them guide you. If you dictate methods to them, it won't work. Pick up any book on ITC and sooner or later, you'll read that directions are given when the experimenter is prepared to meet half way.

Ron is right. Find a way of working and stick at it. Only change if you've given the method a sufficiently lengthy time to test it. Provide consistent equipment and a regular recording schedule, and you'll be in with a good chance of developing clear communication - and getting the help you need.

Best wishes,

Rachel :smile: