View single post by dkenda
 Posted: Feb 15th, 2013 05:06 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
dkenda

Hi Rachel,

The "for entertainment purposes" disclaimer comes standard with all 'widely distributed' paranormal research equipment/software- lawsuit prevention. (Immediately relegates the activity to game=frivolity status- not a great message.) Precisely why Ouija (unjustly) gets a bad rap- really comes down to the user's intention.

I've been "Beta-testing" Spud*Pickles' Ghost Radar Legacy app, Krugism's Ghost Speaker -Android ver...Wanted to see exactly what percentage of the 'communication' (if any) produced a "hit" -determined by specific language and concepts contained in either singular "word lists" or persistent word patterns... And whether or not Spirit might gain proficiency using it over a period of time.

Pretty interesting results (many times related to specific human activity occurring at the particular moment) -But all in all I wouldn't dispense with conventional EVP collection in favor of either one.

I do like the ghost box. Spirit seems to find it relatively easy to use, Great enunciation. It's not clear whether entities "farm" broadcasts for verbiage or simply uses the various frequencies(??) IMHO responses are immediate and sufficiently intelligible.

Happy recording!

Kenda

Rachel EVP Voices wrote:
I've had a play with the app SpiritVox and I have to admit it made me feel uncomfortable. It has a limited American vocabulary that is a governed by a randomised algorithm. On the Apple app it clearly states it's for entertainment purposes. Call me old fashioned but I think the more traditional approach is more likely to yield more creditable, genuine communication.
Best wishes,

Rachel :smile: