View single post by Gizmo
 Posted: Jan 27th, 2013 01:38 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Gizmo

hank wrote: That's the "spirit", Gizmo. Glad to see you take yourself so seriously.Well, I try not to take myself too seriously.  But I do take the understanding of these various phenomena seriously.

Because of the current hype and popularity on television of all the paranormal shows, we have a flood of enthusiasts who are racing around trying to capture something...usually with not optimal equipment or technique.  I guess that's where my frustration lies.  I can't embrace the 'evidence' many of them present because it is of poor quality or unknown origin.  Plus, as I said, I really am not very good at hearing EVPs.  I don't know why, either.  My hearing is fine.

I'm pleased to find this site because there seems to be a good standard of approach, and a measured and balanced consideration and analysis of potential evidence with little bias in either direction.

What keeps me going also is looking for explanations as to how these things can happen, and what is behind it.  I'm also quite interested in ways to deflect or stop it when it becomes oppressive.  But, until (and if) anyone ever finds out what the mechanism is, I'm willing to accept that there simply are some things that we can't figure out an explanation for-yet. 

Darren's plight with his disturbing messages, I can accept.  Who made them, how they were made, or what purpose these messages have is unclear.  Also, I would put it out there that the messages themselves leave themselves open for some interpretation, so even their meanings are not cut and dried.  This is certainly the way with so much evidence.  And for a lot of us, there is NO evidence to show for some fairly startling and inexplicable experiences we have had.   That doesn't negate them.

I guess my point is that questioning specific evidence is not the same as questioning that the paranormal exists.  I think it's probably a good thing to keep an open mind, no?