View single post by Gizmo
 Posted: Jan 26th, 2013 06:57 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Gizmo

Rachel EVP Voices wrote: Hi Gizmo

I had to chuckle, I must be awfully thick headed! I set out with the objective not to go on anybody else's word and believe only what I could experience and validate myself. It's been a decision I have never regretted. By all means consider, listen to and explore other's ideas but don't take them at face value. And I wouldn't expect anybody to do any differently with my research.

Looking for patterns is fine and granted it is enjoyable but pareidolia has a nasty habit of creeping in when your guards not up. Finding meaning in synchronicity is a prime example.

Going back to the subject heading of disturbing messages, I would suggest some recommendations before experimenters worry about a recording;
Unless the recording is a class A, do blind listing tests and ask other people to listen without providing a translation. We all have subjective hearing and it may well be that you've misheard. Keep a diary with the times and dates of all recording sessions and any activity in the environment during or after the session. Asking witnesses to write their own version of events, this will help you understand exactly what did happen. When recording ask for the assistance of a trusted communicator that you have had contact with before. If nothing else, put it all in to perspective. When you stop listening to the recording, the threat is gone. Stop recording and you won't hear anything that upsets you. That really is all you need to remember.

If those experimenting are absolutely certain that their message holds evidence of a threat and are worried then get in touch with a university research unit, there are many psychologists that would like to hear from them.

Best wishes,

Rachel :smile:

Excellent advice.  I will admit to being one who is very skeptical about EVPs.  Most I've listened to many, I have not been able to hear anything close to what people seem to hear.  I might be EVP deaf.  Even Class A ones, I question. because rarely are there any controls in the ones I've heard, and how can anyone be certain that it isn't just voice contamination or radio signal contamination?  I suppose there are good ways to record and examine them.  I'm not qualified to do so, so I tend to set them aside and let others find the meanings there.

But in regard to my "pattern" comment, what I mean is I listen to, read about and see a lot of evidence.  Some, I've experienced myself.  My theory is if many people who don't know each other, and who live in different places and even different times report exactly the same phenomenon in much the same ways, it becomes what I'd call a pattern - an expectation about how certain things tend to look and behave.  Because I don't actively seek gathering evidence myself, I hang back and look at what other people report.  Some of it is surely biased, bogus, or outright hoaxed.  Some is from people who are misinformed or not curious enough to explore natural explanations.

But if you pile it all together and look at the whole picture, it's pretty amazing how similarities pop up with stunning regularity.  Eventually, the picture becomes clearer.

Anyway, stopping the activity cuts off any more messages.  If what was coming through was from some astral thugs, they might become annoyed that they no longer have a platform.  But eventually, if you ignore them, they seem to lose interest and go away.

Last edited on Jan 26th, 2013 07:02 PM by Gizmo